Soon after Tiger Woods sat in on a news conference to promote his third year as host of the AT&T National at Congressional Country Club, he shuttled off to the White House to take a tour hosted by President Barack Obama.
Light witticisms were bandied about at Congressional with Tiger answering questions about his knowledge of the Swedish language which all boiled down to sayings every man should know like, "clean the house" and "wash dishes": every man that is, except for the billion-dollar variety like Woods!
But what could the President want to know from Tiger Woods? Aside from the obvious golf tips, we wonder what information could have been exchanged during their meeting in the Oval Office. Here are some of our thoughts.
1. Advice on the best golf simulator for the White House basement.
2. Perhaps they were negotiating deals for design and construction of new, upper eschelon golf communitites in Cuba, Venezuela and Iran as gifts to his new "well-wishers".
3. A new golf course in North Korea to Kim Jung-Il as a signing bonus if he stops playing with rockets.
4. Advice on how to turn the economy around since Tiger is obviously the head of his successful business concern.
5. Perhaps an open invitation to fill one of Obama's vacant top treasury positions (an huge cut in pay for Tiger).
Tiger looked as comfortable in the Oval Office as he does out on the golf course.
Golf for Beginners also wonders why Michelle Wie's contract with Sony was not renewed. Was it due to an obvious flagging performance or did it have something to do with the $97 million shelled out to cover a messy malpractice lawsuit over the "vibration feedback" technology in its Dual Shock controllers?
We also discuss ten ways to get the most out of free lesson month, courtesy of PGA of America and Play Golf America and challenge the TourGrip Gyro Trainer to improve our golf swing. If it helps to condition astronauts in space, it should fly with us!
Tweet this blog… Your followers will thank you!
Send your golf questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscribe to our weekly podcast through this RSS feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/golfforbeginners or through iTunes. Click Here to receive our archived podcasts and 100's of easy golf tips free!
Get to know us on You Tube and MySpace and TWEET US on Twitter!
"Shiny Tech" courtesy of Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)"
This podcast is supported by OrlandoGolf.com, 866-443-8566.
Photo Credit: © The White House Blog: Meeting Tiger Woods