Thursday, February 26, 2009

Getting to know us through our YouTube golf video

Hello fellow golfers and everyone who tunes in to our weekly golf podcasts and reads our very special Golf for Beginners blog!

For the past five years, Barry and I have written about golf for the pure love/hate relationship behind it and for the satisfaction we get from offering tips that we learned. We still enjoy taking our twilight walks together (sigh) and keeping you involved in our weekly games, even if we're not always playing up to par!

As a matter of fact, that is precisely how this blog got started!

Barry handed me a gift of a set of golf clubs that he purchased off of the internet (yes, left-handed) and turned me over to a golf instructor. He was smart enough not to teach me himself but, since I was learning about golf anyway, he wound up making a more concerted effort in his own game, eventually attaining a few scores in the 70's!

I wanted to make sure that I would remember what was taught to me and decided to write it all down where I would keep looking at it. I also wanted to keep a log of my improvement and Barry insisted on joining me on this journey.

The rest, my friends, is history!

We thought it might be fun to pull out our camcorder in order for you to get to know us a little better. A friend of mine came into our shop recently and asked if I could teach her how to use her own digital DVD video-maker so that she could record her grandson for posterity's sake. I gladly obliged and, in doing so, realized that I have one of these at home too!

We dusted off our camcorder and have created a short video on balance using one of the contraptions that we keep in the golf sanctuary of our home. (If you are interested in learning more about the styrofoam balance roll in our video, just leave a comment!)

We hope that you enjoy our very first golf-related video realizing never to take this game too seriously, have fun and always play good golf!

---Stacy Solomon




If you are having problems viewing this video, please click here!




Here are a few ways to follow Golf for Beginners:
Link to our RSS Feed, become our friend on Twitter,
ask me about golf on Stracka or through MySpace where you just might find opinions on things other than golf!

2 comments:

Nike Golfbekleidung said...

Golf ball is a difficult task. It may take time and practice to become effective at hitting this club. The reason the driver is the hardest club to achieve, because it is the longest club in the bag, making it the most difficult to control. Likewise, any small error in your swing can result in significant fluctuations in the final result, so the driver will reveal how finely tuned your swing really is.

fajar said...

I am very interested in this sport. I think this sport is a sport that is very classy