Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Michelle Wie "out", Creamer "in" as new face of LPGA?

In his recent blog, Chuck Curti said that, as golf fans are waiting for Michelle Wie to live up to her potential and become the "Tiger Woods" of the LPGA, Paula Creamer may be stepping in to become the next "heroine" of women's professional golf.

"We’re still waiting." Curti woefully conveyed. "Wie has not yet lived up to her potential, and her performance at the U.S. Women’s Open last week was nothing short of putrid."

Where the Wie conundrum is certainly true, Paula Creamer, the girl who up until her win this weekend at the U.S. Women's Open never won a major, has now "earned the right to be the face of women's golf?"

Although Paula Creamer has nine career wins and is still a youngster at 23, how many golf fans have watched the LPGA  golf to get a glimpse of the Pink Panther making a tremendous save? How many more will do so now that Creamer is a major winner?

Perhaps Creamer's career "incentive" of working through a thumb injury to perform at the level it takes to win at Oakmont will be her "aha moment" and create the stuff of legends.

Creamer's thoughts?

"It just shows, you know, how much the mental side of golf can really take over. You know, I believed I could do this. I believed I could do this when I had a cast on my hand.

That's what I just kept thinking about was Oakmont, Oakmont, Oakmont."

Michelle Wie's take on the U.S. Women's Open MC? “A complete fail,” Wie said, adding, “There are a lot of things I need to work on.”

No comments: