Sunday, December 25, 2005

Tis the Season to be Jolly...


I'm trying a different format to see if anyone out there will respond to my blog. I notice that as I roll through the blogs on blogspot.com that there are very few responses.

Nothing about golf today. I'm just enjoying a blissful day off from work. Work for me involves operating a gas station (yes, I pump gas all day, every day). It's funny how many different things we all do in our lifetime to pass the days. I know many people who work more than one job and many who work nights and weekends...and never complain!

Do any of you out there hold down more than one job or have only one day (maybe even NO days) off during the week? If so I'd like to read about what you do. Just post a comment.

Hey, would anybody like to see my golf swing on video? I have been getting out to the range more often so if I get a few positive comments that people would like to see my swing, the next time I go I'll bring my video camera.

Heck, I'll bring my camera anyway! No prodding needed. I'm just a ham at heart anyway. :-)

My husband bought me a weighted 6 pound Nike medicine ball the size of a basketball for the holidays. I hope to improve my balance and core muscles with it. I just tried exercising with it and I'm really pooped! I think it's going to work great for me when I pull out the driver this spring.

Speaking of drivers, I just finished watching the REMAX Long Drive Challenge on ESPN. WOW! That's all I have to say!
There were women hitting the ball over 300 yards! The men were crushing their drives almost 400 yards! That's incredible!

There was even a brief segment about the kids and teenagers. I think that the REMAX Long Drive Challenge will eventually have to extend the field to over 400 yards. I wonder how long it will take for the average long drive hitter to send the ball over 500 yards. It's coming, I tell you!

So today is Christmas Day and although I'm Jewish I still celebrate! Hey, it's a day off! C'mon, How many of you would take a Jewish holiday off if the powers that be gave it to you? Oh, I bet you would go to work, sure!

Anyway, Happy Holidays, Seasons Greetings, Merry Christmas and for those in the minority like me, Happy Chanukkah (or Hanukkah, whichever you prefer!)

1 comment:

Stacy Solomon said...

Thanks for responding. I will definitely bring the video camera to the range as soon as the snow melts and the weather breaks.

As far as owning a gas station, it's a living! ;-)