Travelers Championship on television this week or take a drive and see it live if you live within a close enough radius of Cromwell, Connecticut (I'm on that two-hour cusp!)
1. The natural beauty of TPC River Highlands golf course and holes 15-18 in particular have been written about extensively and need to be seen to be appreciated. Highlands is the opposite of Pebble Beach, in my opinion, and both are equally beautiful.
PGA Tour on Facebook asked if fans have any tips for the pros playing at TPC River Highlands this week (join the conversation!)
Answers ranged from mine which was more tempered to those who have a "grip it and rip it" mentality.
I said (Stacy Solomon):
Lay-up on #15, go deep to avoid false front on #16th green, consider water in play on #17 & bunker on right of 18th green may be better than facing than facing swale on left.
Seriously PGATour.com, should I really be offering advice to the best golfers in the world?
2. Top PGA Tour golfers like defending champion Kenny Perry, Padraig Harrington and Rickie Fowler will be up-close-and-personal, from the driving range to the putting green.
3. Michelob Ultra 19th Hole Concert Series brings out some of the best local bands in CT. Concerts will be held on Friday and Saturday, right after capping off a great day of golf!
4. Golf fans disappointed after a lackluster 2010 U.S. Open need a golf "recovery" tournament.
5. See the new and improved, slimmer John Daly at 185 pounds. Daly's rib injury seems to have passed and he is now working with improved confidence. JD is a great golfer to watch when he's in form but looking into the sun might be better for the eyes as his bright yellow and purple colored outfit can leave you with flash camera spots!
Check the Golf Channel for weekday schedule, CBS-TV for weekend play or catch the action on PGATour.com.
The Top 10 Golf Apps for 2015 - The power of mobile devices is such that nowadays, you can use your device for almost anything. Golfers have found that their device, whether that be a pho...
9 hours ago