Friday, September 02, 2005

My First 39!

It was a day just like any other. I insisted Barry and I leave the business early as it was the start of the Labor Day weekend and I really felt we needed a break.

We got to Saxon Woods early. We had a 4:00pm tee-off but I really needed to putt and chip a little before going out since I don't get the opportunity to play or practice much anymore.

I spent about 15 minutes taking long, lazy swings with my sand wedge first, then taking out my 7-iron. I wanted to make sure that I was also mentally prepared. Sometimes when I rush out and don't have the chance to settle down it reflects poorly in my golf score and I just can't get my round going until the 6th or 7th hole.

I went through nine holes with no expectations, lazily smiling and enjoying the time we had together.

I finished with a birdie on the 9th hole after just missing a short birdie attempt on the 8th. But I kew I was doing well but had no idea just how good I was actually golfing!

When we were done with the 9 holes Barry stated that I had 6 pars and the one birdie on the ninth for a total score of 39! WOW, I never scored in the 30's before!

I was so excited that since that day I've been telling everyone about my score and the easy way it was attained!

My next goal is to score par, but I would really like to do it for all 18 holes. That IS the game, isn't it?

No comments: