The new BLACK WIDOW® Grips line, which was created to meet the demands of players at all levels, offers five distinct models, each one complete with bold colors and excellent performance features to improve any golfer’s game:
· Tour Silk – Tour Silk features a Softspikes inspired horizontal “S” traction pattern embedded in a specialized rubber compound for the ultimate performance. Available in black or white and round or ribbed models.
· Widow Maker – Widow Maker features a multi-compound hybrid feel and a two-color design that features a corded top for traction in all conditions and a firm responsive bottom for performance and feedback. Available in round and ribbed models with black/white and black/red color patterns. In the future, it will also be available in a putter grip model.
· Signature – Signature features a firm two-compound composition that delivers enhanced feel in the finger tip contact points, as well as Web Traction Technology on the backside for greater control, resulting in an unmatched combination of an aggressive design, superior feel and performance. Available in round and ribbed models with black/white, black/red and white/black color patterns. A junior model with a black/white color pattern is also available, as well as a putter grip model.
· Fusion – Fusion features a firm and highly textured surface for enhanced feel and control. The two-compound, multi-color material controls vibration and delivers two distinct feels plus Web Traction Technology for greater control. Available in black round and ribbed models.
· Edge – Edge features a soft performance wrap design with a high tack feel. The Web Traction Technology design pattern provides greater grip confidence and control. Available in black round, ribbed and oversized models.
In addition to their unique performance characteristics, all of the models in the BLACK WIDOW® Grips line feature distinctive markings, including either black widow spider icons, and/or stylish spider web designs.
"After extensive research and testing of our new designs, and based on our track record of success in the golf cleat, tee and overall accessory market, we felt the time was right to enter the grip market and position the new Black Widow line to compete alongside the game’s best brand names," said John Hohman, Vice President of Marketing, Softspikes. "Building off the advanced technology and design that have made our Softspikes cleats the world’s best selling brand, Black Widow Grips not only offer superior performance and feel, but offer a unique and stylish change from what is on the market today."
BLACK WIDOW® Grips, available in spring 2010, will be sold at golf and sporting goods retail shops nationwide. Suggested retail price for the BLACK WIDOW® Grips will vary from $3.99 to $9.39 depending on the type of grip.